Inline Measurement of OLED –
Fast and Safe Thickness Inspection
Unlike other applications, in the case of OLED, there is no space for “B”-quality, thus an accurate control of the layers is essential. To keep the values stable one needs a measurement equipment, being robust to disturbing influences, like sample height variations or tilt with respect to the standard measurement level.
Special optical design is needed to provide accurate spectral measurements in reflectance and transmittance, from which the thicknesses are determined in fast speed.
OLED inline measurements
The system’s optical RT-heads are designed and optimized for high-accurate and stable inline testing to guarantee absolute measurement results under production conditions.
Highlights of Xelas INLINE-oled
- Layer thickness 3nm-500nm
- Spectral material properties n(λ)/k(λ) incl. data base of common materials
- Surface roughness can be set
- Reflectance and transmittance spectra taken with highest accuracy
- Special design of both R- and T-head for highest value stability with respect to height and tilt tolerances in production
- Inspection through glass windows: No affection of production during maintenance and service
- Automatic internal calibration
- Contactless and non-destructive
- Auto-triggering or I/O with the line
- Monitoring of thicknesses in real-time, without disturbing the production process
- Fast measurement speed
OLED layer thicknesses and n&k mappings